Ross is experienced in advising both public and private sector clients on town and country planning, local government and public law. He is regularly instructed on all forms of planning, highways and infrastructure agreements, corporate finance and property support, compulsory purchase, appropriation and compensation law. He is developing experience in the housing, retail, energy and transport sectors.
Examples of specific work include:
- Advising a national house builder on all planning matters, specifically the negotiation of s.104, s.38/278 and s.106 agreements.
- Negotiating s.106 agreements on behalf of a local planning authority for strategic residential and urban development sites.
- Advising on planning applications for town centre regeneration, hotels, retail parks, industrial estates and renewable energy developments.
- Advising on major mixed use development sites in Warrington and Houghton Regis.
- Advising a major UK oil and gas company on the planning aspects of a £200 million renewable energy acquisition.
- Advising a major UK infrastructure operator on a number of matters including compulsory purchase orders, Transport and Works Act orders, tree preservation orders and judicial review.
- Professional memberships
- UK Environmental Law Association (UKELA)
- Year qualified – 2017
- The University of Law, Manchester – LPC (2014)
- Lancaster University – LLB Law (Hons) (2013)