Philippa advises on all aspects of employment law, including general advice and support for corporate mergers, acquisitions and restructures. She also provides litigation advice and support on a wide range of contentious matters.
She is particularly experienced in managing large scale redundancy and restructuring / outsourcing programmes. She also enjoys working with HR professionals and managers to review practice in line with employment law.
Examples of recent work undertaken include:
- Mini secondment to a FTSE 100 retailer to support a redundancy, restructuring and relocation programme;
- TUPE advice to a FTSE 100 retailer on a store sale programme
- Litigation advice and support for several FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 employers
- Merger and acquisition support for a number of repeat clients including Due Diligence support and indemnity negotiation
- General telephone advice to a range of employers on a wide range of employment issues including drafting service agreements, contracts of employment and settlement agreements.
- Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (FCIPD)
- Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (FCMI)
- Member of the Law Society and the Society of Legal Scholars (SLS)
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- Philippa is also a member of the Employment Lawyers Association (ELS) and the Industrial Law Society (ILS).
- University of Manchester – Ph.D. (Law) – 2019.
- Philippa successfully defended her doctoral thesis on the application of the TUPE Service Provision Change (SPC) Regulations in January 2019.