Patrick is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution/Litigation Department. He has experience of advising clients on a broad range of contractual, property, commercial landlord/tenant, and commercial utility disputes. Patrick has appeared at numerous Sheriff Court hearings, including opposed motions, debates, and proofs. He also has experience of instructing Counsel in the Court of Session.
Outwith work Patrick is a former committee member of the Trainee and Newly Qualified Society, and takes part in a Glasgow-based pro-bono initiative. He obtained a Masters degree in law while continuing to work full-time as a solicitor.
- Acted for an individual who wished to defend a sequestration action, involving the urgent instruction of Counsel and Court of Session proceedings.
- Acting for and against individuals and companies in relation to disputes, including breach of contract, misrepresentation, and fraud.
- Experience of instructing expert witnesses, including surveyors, accountants, and scientific experts.
- Acting for licence holders (premises and alcohol) in appeals to the Sheriff Court following a decision of the relevant Local Authority.
- Publication of an article analysing the development of contract law in the Edinburgh Law Review ("Unicorn v HSBC: good faith returns to Scotland?" Edin. L.R. 2018, 22(3), 380-386).