Louisa is a Partner with more than 13 years’ experience in commercial and corporate litigation, including complex contractual disputes, warranty and indemnity claims, shareholder disputes, commercial fraud, professional negligence and supply and distribution issues.
Her clients include multinational companies, with a particular focus on the consumer, retail and pharmaceutical sectors. Louisa's practice also includes product safety and she regularly advises clients on product liability claims, group actions and product recalls.
Louisa has significant experience of running large litigation cases in the High Court of England and Wales, and of resolving claims through mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Louisa is ranked in Legal 500 for Commercial Litigation ("highly rated") and in both Legal 500 and Chambers UK for Product Liability.
"Her practice incorporates everything from food and drink and pharmaceutical products to white goods, and she is particularly adept at handling substantial product recalls. Clients appreciate that she's brought to bear real authority and presence and her litigation is just invaluable".
Chambers UK 2017
"Louisa has experience in dealing with commercial litigation and is held in high regard for her product liability expertise". Sources say that [Louisa] is very good at managing a team and managing the various expectations of large organisations".
Chambers UK 2016
"Louisa Caswell at Addleshaw Goddard, a firm that punches above its weight in disputes, was made partner in 2013 and stands out for the depth of her expertise in commercial litigation".
Legal Business Litigation Yearbook 2015
- Recent experience
- Acting for the Leipzig water authority against UBS in a complex $350 million credit derivatives dispute
- Advising a private equity firm in a warranty and misrepresentation dispute in relation to one of its investments
- Secondment to an international mining plc as deputy general counsel, advising on a large fraud investigation
- Acting for GlaxoSmithKline in defence of a large product liability group action in relation to one of its antidepressants, Seroxat
- Advising a German rail company in relation to a shareholder dispute involving one of its UK joint ventures
- Acting for a major drinks plc in relation to product safety issues with one of its leading brands and also advising on a related commercial dispute with one of its suppliers
- Advising three charitable trusts in relation to a negligence claim against legal advisors
- Qualified: 2003
- The College of Law (now The University of Law), London – Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course
- The London School of Economics and Political Science – BSc (Econ.) in Economics and Philosophy