Kendrick is an associate specialising in banking and finance and financial regulation. He has extensive experience acting for major banks in Hong Kong (and occasionally for borrowers) on a wide range of loan transactions, including real estate finance, acquisition finance and general finance, involving security in various jurisdictions such as the PRC, Japan, Singapore, Cayman Islands and the BVI. He has also advised banks and security brokers on non-contentious financial regulatory issues and assisted in the revision and update of their account opening documents, client agreements and other terms and conditions.
Kendrick is also experienced in mergers and acquisitions work, which has seen him acted for listed companies and other clients in the disposal or acquisition of companies.
Kendrick has also advised banks, listed companies and multinational corporations on data privacy and competition issues.
Highlights of Kendrick's work include:
- Acting for a major bank in Hong Kong in financing the indirect acquisition of an office building and mall in Shanghai.
- Acting for the lending bank in relation to a term loan facility secured with a property mortgage in the PRC, with successful registration with the local Administration of Foreign Exchange for "Nei Bao Wai Dai" (i.e. onshore security for offshore credit).
- Acting for the borrower in relation to a syndicated loan facility of approximately HK$1.5 billion for refinancing purpose.
- Acting for the lending bank in extending and restructuring term loan facilities, coordinating the release of a complicated security package (involving other lenders) and obtaining new security.
- Acting for the lending bank in a revolving loan facility of approximately US$200 million.
- Acting for a listed company in relation to the acquisition of a majority stake in an electrical appliances distributor.
- Acting for a listed company in relation to the disposal of a property holding company (which constituted a discloseable and connected transaction under the Listing Rules).