Kendrick is an Managing Associate specialising in banking and finance and financial regulation. He has extensive experience acting for major banks in Hong Kong (and occasionally for borrowers) on a wide range of loan transactions, including real estate finance, acquisition finance and general finance, involving security in various jurisdictions such as the PRC, Japan, Singapore, Cayman Islands and the BVI. He has also advised banks and licensed corporations on non-contentious financial regulatory issues and assisted in the revision and update of their account opening documents, client agreements and other terms and conditions.
Kendrick is also experienced in mergers and acquisitions work, which has seen him acted for listed companies and other clients in the disposal or acquisition of companies.
Kendrick has also advised banks, listed companies and multinational corporations on data privacy and competition issues.
- Acting for a major bank in Hong Kong in a US$500 million acquisition financing for the indirect acquisition of an office building and mall in Shanghai
- Acting for a major bank in Hong Kong in extending and restructuring several term loan facilities in excess of RMB9 billion in aggregate, coordinating the release of a complicated security package and obtaining new security
- Acting for a Chinese bank in financing the privatization of a Singapore listed company
- Acting for a private equity real estate investment group in obtaining a syndicated loan facility of HK$1.5 billion for refinancing
- Acting for a major bank in Hong Kong in relation to a HK$650 million term loan facility secured with a PRC property mortgage, with successful registration with the local Administration of Foreign Exchange for "Nei Bao Wai Dai" (i.e. onshore security for offshore credit)
- Acting for a major bank in Hong Kong in a revolving loan facility of approximately US$200 million
- Advising a leading bank in Hong Kong on its offering of principal moratorium and the Pre-approved Principal Payment Holiday Scheme in response to COVID-19
- Preparing a bank's private banking terms and conditions and related documentation
- Reviewing, amending and updating the investment account terms and conditions, investment account opening procedure manual, suitability assessment procedure manual and product due diligence manual of a bank
- Preparing the ebanking and mobile banking terms and conditions of several banks
- Acting for a listed company in its sale of a property holding company (constituting a discloseable and connected transaction under the SEHK Listing Rules)
- Acting for a listed company in acquiring a majority stake in an electrical appliances distributor
- Cantonese - native
- English – fluent
- Mandarin – good command