Kathie is a member of the Paris and New York bars who has practiced in France for more than 40 years, Kathie has broad experience in structuring and advising businesses in France in particular on issues relating to sales, distribution, licensing, restrictive trade practices, IP, employment and contractual matters in general. She also handles the litigation and alternative dispute resolution arising from commercial ventures.
- Representing an African State in ICC and CCJA international commercial arbitrations and ensuing litigation involving contract interpretation and notably the validity of a shareholders agreement and a settlement agreement
- Acting for French, US and Scandinavian contractors in ICC arbitrations involving major international construction and public works projects
- Representing US purchaser of major French video games retailer from French investment fund
- Representing major US hotel management company in two litigations in French Polynesia
- Advising major US food and cosmetics suppliers with regard to their French business ventures
- On September 23 2021, Kathie participated with her colleagues from the Fall Alliance in the Paris Arbitration Week (PAW) in the frame of a conference on the following topic "Francophone Africa & International arbitration".
LIST OF SPECIALIST EXPERTISE
- Conflicts of laws
- enforcement measures
- Harvard University – A.B. 1972 (magna cum laude)
- New York University School of Law – Juris Doctor 1975
- Year Qualified
- New York, 1976
- Paris, 1980
Following the merger between the two French TV channels TF1 & M6, Kathie Claret gave an interview to L'Agefi Quotidien to talk about the competition aspects involved in this operation. Read the interview here >
- Kathie Claret has been ranked by Best Lawyers (edition 2022) in the following category: "The Best Lawyers in France" for corporate.
- International arbitration Team ranked "Recommended" in "Décideurs Leaders League Group" (edition 2021)