Karen is a Managing Associate in the Commercial Services team. Karen's experience includes preparing and negotiating a range of commercial contracts for clients on both the customer and supplier side and specialises in IT, data protection and intellectual property issues. Karen has also gained invaluable in-house experience by working full-time on a large-scale commercial contracts outsourcing project for a major international retailer, and undertaking client secondments to ScottishPower, Weir Group plc, the Scottish Football Association and Stork Technical Services Limited.
- Advised a major NI utility on a multi-million pound ICT procurement project, which included preparing the initial draft contract, supporting the development of technical, financial and commercial schedules and participating in bidder negotiations. (previous firm)
- Previously approved bench counsel for one of the world’s largest cloud services platforms. Provided advice to this client on the data protection implications of the European Commission’s draft AI Ethics Guidelines. (previous firm)
- Advised a football association on a suite of terms for season tickets, match tickets, supporters club membership and associated consumer contracts, and on the retender and negotiation of its online ticketing systems with a SaaS provider. . (previous firm)
- Assisted with a large-scale technology and commercial contracts outsourcing project and corporate governance process for a major international supermarket retailer. Acted as an extension to the client’s in-house legal team by being one of the main points of contact and working closely with its various teams, including procurement, marketing and distribution. (previous firm)
- Advised on the terms of a framework agreement for the provision of first aid services at the Glasgow 2018 European Championships, included providing advice on the data protection elements. (previous firm)
- Provided data protection advice to a major bank in relation to the procurement of a new mortgage lending portal.
- Provided data protection advice to a major online retailer in respect of the sale of products to children.