Josh is an Associate based in London in our Social Impact, Sustainability and Housing Finance team, having joined Addleshaw Goddard LLP in April 2017.
He specialises in social housing finance transactions and has assisted on a number of refinancings, "mega mergers" and some of the largest bond issues seen in the sector to date. As well as advising various security trustees and banks in relation to the charging of properties ancillary to refinancings, private placements and new facilities
Recent work examples:
- Advised NatWest in relation to the property aspects of a £50 RCF to Bromford Housing Group to secure their first ESG-linked loan to the housing sector
- Advised on the property aspects of the £500m bond issue by London & Quadrant
- Advised MUFG Bank, Ltd, Nationwide Building Society and Santander UK plc on the property aspects of the £1.575bn refinancing of Metropolitan Housing Trust, which was established on the transfer of engagements of Thames Valley Charitable Housing Association Limited to Metropolitan Housing Trust Limited.
- Advised MUFG Bank, Ltd, Lloyds Bank plc and Santander UK on the property aspects in connection with the wider £2.7bn refinancing of Notting Hill Genesis, which was established on the merger of the Genesis and Notting Hill housing groups.
- Advised Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation in relation to the property aspects of its facilities to One Housing Group Limited, London & Quadrant Housing Trust and Metropolitan Housing Trust Limited