John is a Partner in Addleshaw Goddard's Corporate Division in London.
John advises public and private companies, funds, private equity houses, impact investors and development finance institutions on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and commercial matters. John has extensive experience advising clients on cross-border transactions, including on investments in emerging markets, with a focus on Africa and the Middle East.
John's key sector is the Retail & Consumer sector, and he is a member of AG's Retail & Consumer Group. He also has broader sector expertise, having worked on transactions across the aviation, real estate, financial services, infrastructure and energy sectors.
John has spent three years working in the United Arab Emirates, during which time he advised international and regional clients on their investments across the MENA region.
- Sy4security Limited on its acquisition of the enterprise Managed Security Services (MSS) business of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Associated British Foods plc on its acquisition of the Al Fez brand
- Wyevale Garden Centres (and owner Terra Firma) on the group's strategic break up and disposal programme
- CDC Group and Finnfund on their investments in Miro Forestry, a sustainable forestry business with operations in Ghana and Sierra Leone
- CDC Group in relation to its investment in Jacoma Estates Limited, an agribusiness operating in Northern Malawi
- Eli Global on its acquisition of the Damovo Group, a combined IT and telecommunications technology provider to businesses
- Actis on its majority investment in Sigma Pensions, a leading pension fund administration business in Nigeria
- A consortium comprising Gingko Tree, PGGM and EDF Invest on the governance arrangements in relation to its successful bid to acquire Madrileña Red de Gas, a Spanish gas distribution company
- African Infrastructure Investment Managers and ASMA Capital Partners (a subsidiary of the Islamic Development Bank) on their potential investment in Seven Energy alongside Savannah Petroleum plc, an oil exploration and refinery business in Nigeria
- The Carlyle Group in relation to the acquisition of a significant minority interest in a Alamar Foods, a pan-GCC catering and food manufacturing business headquartered in Saudi Arabia
- Nordic Aviation Capital in connection with the sale of a majority stake to EQT and the purchase by NAC of Aldus Aviation
- Brandeaux Student Accommodation Fund on the sale of its UK student accommodation portfolio, Liberty Living, to the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board for approximately £1.1bn
- Terra Firma on its acquisition of Kier Living Limited from Kier Group plc
- Italian - excellent command
- Spanish - good command
- Professional Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales