Emily started her legal career in the Real Estate team at leading New Zealand firm Russell McVeagh, before joining Addleshaw Goddard as an associate in July 2017. Emily's experience covers a range of areas within mainstream commercial real estate acting for institutional and entrepreneur clients, both UK based and offshore.
In the second half of 2019 Emily was seconded to Addleshaw Goddard's Innovation and Legal Technology team where she gained skills in the use of technology on legal projects within real estate, in particular assisting on the trial and introduction to the firm of AI title review and analysis tool, Avail, which is now used on large scale title review projects.
- Acting for Dandara Limited on its landmark UK build to rent portfolio sale to a German investor.
- Acting for Dandara Limited in relation to development sites including the negotiation and drafting of development agreements, sale and purchase contracts, option agreements and title investigation.
- Acquisition, disposal and lease work for London based property investor, Aidan Brooks-owned Tribeca Holdings on its portfolio of high end retail premises in central London including Brompton Cross
- Acting on a refinance for a London based property investor of its London property portfolio
- Acting for Cirrus Inns Holdings Limited on acquisitions and disposals and asset management of their pub portfolio
- Acting for an overseas based client on a variation and renewal of its lease of its Central London headquarters
- Acting for a large English based asset manager on acquisitions and disposals of development and investment property in England
- Swedish - good command
- Professional memberships
- New Zealand Law Society
- Kiwis in Property, London
- New Zealand Business Women's Network, London