David is a commercial litigator who advises on a wide range of commercial disputes with particular focus on high-value and complex disputes, including: IT, pensions and corporate disputes. David frequently advises on cases with an international element.
Specialist experience includes:
- IT disputes – including software licensing disputes in which he defends companies against claims by major software suppliers (currently acting for Diageo in the leading case in this area: SAP UK Limited v Diageo Great Britain Limited  EWHC 189 (TCC))
- Pension disputes – acts for sponsoring employers, trustees, representative beneficiaries and pensions professionals and has acted for clients in some of the most high profile pension disputes of recent years.
- Corporate disputes – shareholder disputes, warranty and indemnity claims, post-completion account disputes.
- International disputes – experience of cross border disputes including: Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Russia, Kazakhstan, and various offshore jurisdictions.
David acts for major clients across a range of sectors including: Retail and Consumer, Digital, Energy and Utilities, and Financial Services.
- The Association of Pension Lawyers