Claire is an associate in our corporate team, working in the Edinburgh office. Claire trained with the firm and qualified in 2015. During her traineeship, Claire worked within real estate, dispute resolution, corporate recovery, corporate and banking.
Claire deals with a broad range of transactional corporate and commercial matters including mergers and acquisitions, disposals, equity investments, joint ventures, re-organisations and commercial contracts. Claire works with clients in various sectors ranging from food and drink, renewable energy to healthcare.
Claire has held the position of Chair of the CSR Environmental team for the last two years and has been an active member of the team since joining the firm in 2013.
- Assisted with the acquisition of a residential-led property comprising five buildings, landscaped courtyards and commercial space in Sheffield by a joint venture for circa £36 million.
- Assisted with the sale of Scottish company specialising water-free conveyor lubrication technology for the food and drink sector to a large USA corporation.
- Advising investor syndicates in relation to a number of their equity investments in start-up and spin out companies.
- Acting for an online art dealer in respect of their online terms and conditions of use and review of their consumer terms.
- Providing advice to corporate clients in relation to the practical effect and implications of obligations under the Companies Act 2006 and other subordinate legislation.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- BA Psychology, University of Edinburgh
- LLB Law, Edinburgh Napier University
- Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, University of Edinburgh
- Year qualified - 2015