Chris is a managing associate in the tax group, based in London. He advises on a wide range of UK tax issues, focussing on corporate and real estate transactions.
Chris has significant experience advising on the tax implications of mergers, acquisitions and disposals (whether through the transfer of shares or trade and assets). He also enjoys advising on tax issues in real estate (including in relation to structuring, financing and both direct and indirect acquisitions/disposals).
- Tate & Lyle on the tax implications of the re-alignment of its European bulk ingredients business, including the €240m disposal of multiple interests to a joint venture partner;
- Diageo on the sale of Gleneagles Hotel;
- Rocket Internet on the sale of various worldwide interests to Just Eat for circa $140m;
- Management and institutional investors on a number of private equity deals, including the acquisition by 3i of Aspen Pumps and the acquisition by ECI of Evans Cycles; and
- In relation to investment into a number of North American energy sector funds, both through feeder vehicles and through transparent partnership structures.
- He is a Chartered Tax Adviser and is a member of the Stamp Taxes Practitioners' Group, and has been listed as a Rising Star by Thomson Reuters' SuperLawyers directory since 2013.
- University of Sheffield, L.L.B. (Law), 2002
- University of Liverpool, L.L.M. (Law and Ethics), 2003
- Legal Practice Course, College of Law, 2004
- Chartered Tax Adviser, Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Professional Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Stamp Taxes Practitioners' Group