Ann Frances has specialised exclusively in Employment Law for over a decade. She has vast experience advising on TUPE & workforce restructuring, industrial relations & strike action, enforcing restrictive covenants, handling Board and C-Suite severance negotiations & settlement agreements, employment fraud, international mobility, discrimination as well as disciplinary, performance and ill health management. She is an experienced litigator and regularly appears in Employment Tribunals across the UK.
Her clients include several PLCs, household name organisations, banks and financial institutions, public sector employers as well as SMEs. Ann Frances has also acted for several senior executives across the UK and internationally. Ann Frances acts for clients in a variety of sectors including Financial Services, Health, Industrials, Retail & Consumer and Transport.
Ann Frances is an experienced employment law trainer and regular speaker at specialist seminars for HR professionals and in-house lawyers.
- Provided strategic advice on business transfer and outsourcing, large scale redundancies and contract harmonisation to a global security and aerospace company. Provided training to its UK and US management team on the key aspects of UK employment law.
- Advised the Board of a large plc on potential financial exposure and determining future cross Group strategy in light of developments in holiday pay.
- Successfully defended employers, including several airline and well known logistics companies, in claims before the Employment Tribunals including unfair dismissal, equal pay, discrimination, whistleblowing and breach of contract.
- Advised public sector client on managing ballot and strike action in a high profile collective dispute over terms and conditions.
- Provided integration advice to a Scottish based Banking Group including a review and replacement exercise on a complete suite of employment contracts and policies operating UK wide across multiple business divisions.
- Assisted a public sector organisation with a potentially high profile public interest disclosure investigation amid claims of bullying and financial impropriety.
“Ann Frances has been our employment law advisor for the last decade. She is knowledgeable, pragmatic and makes it her business to understand our ethos which has allowed our HR Strategies to move forward in the right direction for the company. Ann Frances is a pleasure to work with and her dedication is unrivalled”
Steve Suttie, Head of HR, Slater Menswear
"I have been working with Ann Frances for over 5 years. In this time, we have collaborated closely to build strong and lasting HR solutions in a high growth PE backed firm.
Ann Frances has a commercially focussed approach which enables her to lead from the front and get things done. She has delivered some major project work for FNZ, despite many obstacles along the way and is a trusted business partner to my team.”
Richard Bolger, Chief Human Resources Officer, FNZ
"Ann Frances takes time to understand our business and provides easy to understand, good practical advice. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her."
Catriona Dick, Head of HR, Zonal
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Discrimination Law Association
- Diploma in Legal Practice, Glasgow Graduate School of Law
- LLB Law Hons., University of Strathclyde
- Year qualified - 2003
- Stop press: Gendar pay gap reporting draft regulations published (LinkedIn)
- Uncertainty might be bad for business but dig deeper to understand how your staff are feeling (The Scotsman)
- 'Summer of discontent' masks decline in strikes (HR magazine)
- Stop press: New ruling says bosses can monitor private communications - or does it? (LinkedIn)