Martin is a dual qualified Legal Director in the real estate team with over 15 years' experience specialising in real estate investment and asset management work, specialising in large-scale cross border transactions.
Martin has particular expertise in relation to petrol forecourts, having been responsible for a cross border portfolio of over 400 petrol filling stations for a number of years.
Martin also advises developers and investors in the promotion, site acquisition and disposal of all types of commercial and residential property. He has also acted for a number of landlords and occupiers, mainly in relation to the leasing of retail and office property in central London, with a particular emphasis on technology companies.
Martin has also acted for funders, JVs and contractors in relation to the real estate aspects of various PPP/PFI and NPD Projects across the UK.
- Acting on the real estate aspects of the acquisition of various forecourt operators, followed by a re-financing and then £500M sale of the equity of the resulting petrol station group with over 400 petrol filling stations across the UK to a US investor, together with the ongoing management of the portfolio across the UK.
- Acting on the acquisition, management and ongoing onward sales of a mixed use portfolio of 27 properties across the UK for a US-based investor.
- Acting on behalf of an offshore client, Martin completed the sale of an office investment in central London with a value of c£80m.
- Acting on the acquisition, development, letting and onward sale of a number of multi-let office developments across England.
- Acting in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of 90 petrol filling stations across the UK.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society, Law Society of Scotland
- University of Dundee, LL. B. (Hons) (1996)
- University of Dundee, Dip L.P. (1997)
- QLTT (2003)
- Year qualified: 1999 (Scotland); 2003 (England)