Martin is a dual qualified senior associate in the real estate team with over 20 years' experience specialising in real estate investment and asset management work, specialising in large-scale cross border transactions.
He focuses on development, funding and investment activities and his experience covers all asset types including offices, retail, leisure, hotel, student housing, industrial and residential. In recent years his practice has focussed on investment, management, development and sales in the private rented sector in particular.
He has also acted for a number of landlords and occupiers, mainly in relation to the leasing of retail and office property in central London, with a particular emphasis on technology companies on the full range of their real estate needs, including acquisitions and disposals, headquarters buildings, restructuring, strategic advice, sale and leasebacks and general property portfolio management.
.Martin also advises developers and investors in the promotion, site acquisition and disposal of all types of commercial and residential property.
Martin has also acted for funders, JVs and contractors in relation to the real estate aspects of various PPP/PFI/NPD and energy projects across the UK.
- Acting on the acquisition, management and strategic disposals of over £100M worth of residential properties across England in 2018/19.
- Acquisition and development of five separate sites for student accommodation, comprising a cumulative total of 930 studios for Hong Kong and Singaporean regulated funds, managed through a UK based FCA regulated private equity investment house. Acting on the disposals of two recently completed blocks of student accommodation to separate overseas investors for c. £15M each.
- Completion of headquarters leases for clients such as The Sage Group PLC, World First UK Limited, Transferwise Limited, FNZ (UK) Limited and Festicket Limited along with providing strategic advice on their UK real estate portfolios.
- Acting on the acquisition, management and ongoing onward sales of a mixed use portfolio of 27 properties across the UK for a US-based investor
- Asset management of a number of business and retail parks for various overseas investors.
- Acting on behalf of an offshore client, Martin completed the sale of an office investment in central London with a value of c£80m
- Acting on the acquisition, development, letting and onward sale of a number of multi-let office developments across England
- Acting on the real estate aspects of the acquisition of various forecourt operators, followed by a re-financing and then £500M sale of the equity of the resulting petrol station group with over 400 petrol filling stations across the UK to a US investor, together with the ongoing management of the portfolio across the UK including the acquisition of a portfolio of 90 petrol filling stations across the UK.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Law Society of Scotland