Marie is an Associate in our Commercial Litigation team in Leeds. Since qualifying as a solicitor in March 2016, Marie has gained experience of a wide range of complex, high value disputes across a number of sectors, including procurement challenges, shareholder disputes, contractual claims and public law challenges such as judicial review. She is familiar with all forms of alternative dispute resolution, and has supported clients through both mediations and without prejudice meetings to successfully resolve proceedings.
Examples of Marie's recent experience includes:
- Advising on a complex, high value shareholder dispute involving allegations of dishonest assistance, knowingly receiving trust property and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Acting for a manufacturing business in connection with defending a complex contractual claim pursued by a waste management company.
- Advising contracting authorities and utilities regarding the risks of and defence of procurement challenges from unsuccessful bidders, including in the health and transport sectors.
- Acting in a number of claims involving allegations of breach of confidence, including in the oil & gas markets, and in the health sector, with particular experience of the management of confidential information during proceedings.
- Year qualified
- March 2016
- College of Law, York – LPC, 2013 (Distinction)
- Leeds Metropolitan University – Law LLB, 2012 (First Class Honours)