Laura qualified into the Commercial group in September 2014 and regularly advises clients on IP matters, focusing on trade mark and brand licensing agreements, and on the ownership and exploitation of IP rights. She regularly advises on IP in connection with corporate transactions including international acquisitions and divestments.
In addition, Laura has experience of advising a range of clients on commercial agreements including outsourcing, franchise agreements, supply of goods and services agreements, and software licensing. Laura has recently been on secondment to Saga where she primarily advised on IT contracts.
Her experience includes:
- Advising a FTSE 100 company on the sale of part of its global business valued at circa £1bn.
- Advising private companies on the sale, acquisition and licensing of trade marks and associated branding.
- Advising a FTSE 100 company on the outsourcing of its global logistics requirements.
- Newcastle University – Law LLB – 2010
- BPP University College, Leeds – Legal Practice Course - 2011