Keith is a specialist non-contentious construction and engineering lawyer, who joined Addleshaw Goddard in October 2013. He has extensive experience of acting for employers and developers, as well as for institutional investors, manufacturers, funders and operators / end users on a variety of large scale projects, predominantly in the UK but with some overseas experience. Keith has a particular focus on the Industrials and Real Estate sectors and plays an active role within the Hotels & Leisure focus group.
Keith's experience includes
- Battersea Power Station Development Company: completed a three month secondment within the BPSDC legal team, carrying out a wide variety of activities including successfully defending a multi-million pound adjudication, drafting & negotiating construction management agreements & trade contracts and assisting with the demobilisation of the site due to the impact of Covid 19.
- Associated British Foods plc: advised on the procurement strategy and construction arrangements for a number of engineering and civil works projects in the UK and overseas, including in relation to ABF Grain Product's capital expenditure programme (using construction management), Primark distribution centres in central Europe (MF/1) and Primark's UK headquarters.
- Travelodge Hotels Limited: act as a main point of contact for construction matters, providing advice and support on both refurbishment projects and acquisitions, as well as cladding advice following the Grenfell tragedy.
- Britvic plc: advised in relation to the expansion of a processing plant, procured using a combination of MF/1 contracts and JCT contracts, which were amended to address the requirements of the project, such as the need to preserve and protect ongoing operations at the site.
- Fulcrum Group: advised in relation to the Dulwich Health Centre Scheme, a highly complex healthcare development in South London delivered in partnership with a registered provider under LIFT arrangements.
- Year qualified
- University of Aberdeen (MA Hons English Literature)
- Nottingham Law School (LLB)
- Leeds Metropolitan University (MSc Construction Law)