James is an associate in our Real Estate team based in Manchester. He joined Addleshaw Goddard LLP in January 2019 having previously trained and qualified into the real estate team of a large City law firm.
His experience includes property acquisitions and disposals, development and landlord and tenant work. He regularly carries out a range of asset management transactions, with a particular focus in the retail and office sector.
His recent experience includes:
- Acting on the financing of a significant city centre retail site to bring it within a pre-existing credit facility as part of a developer client's wider acquisition strategy
- Assisting with the acquisition of an industrial site for conversion into student accommodation in Birmingham on behalf of a leading development company
- Assisting with the purchase of two portfolios of pubs on behalf of one of the UK's leading pub operators, consisting of over 200 pubs in total
- Property management experience acting for institutional funds and large estate landlords in relation to a variety of retail, office and industrial properties across the real estate sector
- Assisting with the separate sales of two freehold supermarket sites subject to occupational leases for a consideration in excess of £11m