James is a lawyer in the firm's Corporate team, working with both international and regional corporates and private equity investors. Based in the firm's Dubai office, James advises on mergers & acquisitions, investments and venturing, disposals, joint ventures and aspects of corporate governance across a broad range of industries and sectors.
James completed his training at Gowling WLG (formerly Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co) in 2012 and worked for over 4 years in London, gaining particular experience in acting for clients operating in the automotive, aviation and travel sectors, including undertaking a secondment in the UAE with a leading international airline.
- Advising dnata (a division of The Emirates Group) on the acquisition of airport and travel businesses across various jurisdictions.
- Acting for Williams F1 on the sale to GKN of a significant business division developing systems originating from F1 and other motorsport applications.
- Acting for a UK private equity house on its acquisitions of an airport hospitality business and a provider of software and related services to the travel industry.
- Advising a mobile healthcare technology business operating in the travel industry on an investment made by a major US pharmaceutical company.
- Advising the creators of a cosmetic implant technology on the sale of their business to a global NYSE listed pharmaceutical company.
- Advising Getinge AB, a Swedish listed medical technology company, on its acquisition of a UK-based specialist equipment provider.
- Acting for a FTSE listed motor retailer on the acquisitions of prestige vehicle dealerships.
- Advising on the investment and financial structuring aspects of an £80m buyout of a pub & leisure operator for a private equity investor.
- Providing strategic advice to both corporate and investor clients on existing ventures and portfolio companies:
- in devising strategic options for a major corporate client as a shareholder in a joint venture business, operating in the aviation sector;
- in the implementation of management changes, additional debt & equity financings and restructurings of portfolio companies for investor clients; and
- in negotiating the disposals of various construction project SPVs.
- Year qualified: 2012
- College of Law - Legal Practice Course (Distinction)
- University of Manchester - LLB (Hons.)