Faisal joined the firm's Banking team in October 2017 as a newly qualified solicitor. He is based in the Edinburgh office and works nationally across the firm's network of offices. Faisal trained in-house at The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, undertaking seats with Personal & Business Banking, RBS International (Jersey), Litigation, and Corporate M&A.
Faisal has experience working across a broad range of areas including corporate banking, shipping finance, project finance and real estate finance.
- Supporting a £15m acquisition & development real estate Islamic finance deal.
- Acting for an alternative finance provider in its £3m asset backed financing to Rangers Football Club.
- Acting for a listed fund in its £1.1m subordinated debt financing to fund a public infrastructure project in Scotland.
- Acting for a lender in the provision of a £450,000 shipping facility, taking security over a number of vessels.
- University of Glasgow – Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Legal Practice (2014)
- University of Glasgow – LL.B with Distinction (2013)
- Glasgow Caledonian University – Bachelor of Arts – Business Law with Honours (2011)
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Notary Public