Chris is an Associate in the London corporate department, specialising in corporate transactional and advisory matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, joint ventures, private equity and general company law matters. Chris advises across a range of sectors and regions, and is a member of the firm's Financial Services Transactions Team and Africa Business Group.
In 2018, Chris spent seven months at Lloyds Banking Group plc seconded as a lawyer to their Corporate and M&A legal team.
Some examples of Chris's recent transactions include:
- Acting for Moore Stephens LLP in relation to their merger with BDO LLP, such merger forming the fifth-largest accountancy firm in the UK.
- A number of transactions for CDC Group plc, a development finance institution owned by the UK government, comprising both new investments and existing portfolio management for businesses in Africa and South Asia.
- Advising private equity firm CBPE Capital on its investment in ETL Systems, a leading global designer and manufacturer of radio frequency distribution and satellite communications equipment.
- Advising an AI tech company on both its Series A and Series B funding rounds.
- Acting for an investment firm on their mandatory cash offer to the shareholders of an unlisted public limited company.
Chris is a legal mentor on the AG Elevate FinTech mentoring programme to Finance Unlocked, an on-demand video-delivered learning platform built specifically for finance professionals.
Chris is also a member of the Addleshaw Goddard committee relating to the management of the firm's first International Charity Partnership with The Kusasa Project. The Kusasa Project is a South African registered Public Benefit Organization, with its primary operations consisting of an independently-funded Early Learning Centre in the Western Cape of South Africa.