Andrew has over 10 years' experience in both corporate and personal insolvency industry, with a primarily contentious focus. Andrew brings with him a breadth of accounting skills and unique insights into the workings, views, tactics and strategies of insolvency practitioners, having previously worked at a firm of liquidators and a bankruptcy trustees.
Andrew regularly acts for both insolvency practitioners and creditors (corporations, individuals and government departments), as well as individual debtors. He has particular experience in property and trust related disputes, reviewable transactions and public examinations.
Andrew's recent experience includes:
- advising a liquidator/receiver in relation to the recovery of misappropriated international patents in excess of US$50M
- acting for an examinee in public examinations in relation to a Ponzi scheme, and the misappropriation of trust funds and superannuation investments
- acting for an individual in a private examination by a financial regulator in relation to their involvement in a failed investment scheme
- acting for joint liquidators in a claim for a constructive trust over proceeds from the sale of real property (involving tracing of monies through inter-company related transactions)
- acting for a trustee in bankruptcy in challenge to secured creditor's unregistered charge over real property
- Professional Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Australian Restructuring and Insolvency Turnaround Association