Alana works as part of the planning team in Scotland. She is a qualified planner and solicitor with experience advising clients from across private and public sectors on wide range planning law topics including planning appeals, planning permissions, legal agreements and compulsory purchase.
Having worked for a local planning authority Alana understands the approach of authorities to planning applications and enforcement. Alana's experience covers advising on statutory process, reviewing and de-risking application submissions, advising on enforcement and court challenges.
Alana's transactional work includes the drafting and negotiation of planning agreements and other planning related legal agreements, carrying out planning due diligence for developers and funders, and assisting with planning elements of property and corporate transactions.
- Negotiating complex planning agreements for housing providers and landowners in connection with the acquisition of development sites for mixed tenure or social housing development.
- Re-negotiating planning agreements for housing providers and landowners.
- Providing strategic advice and preparing planning appeal documentation for major supermarket retailers and landowners.
- Carrying out due diligence and advising investors in relation to major energy projects and Development Consent Orders (DCOs)
- Experience advising on all aspects of planning appeals including hearings and planning inquiries before the Scottish Ministers.