Sofia is an Associate in the IPE team at Addleshaw Goddard with experience advising on PPP/PFI projects, specifically the Facilities Management aspects. Sofia also has experience in project finance transactions. Prior to qualification, Sofia's training contract included one year in the Construction team (both contentious and non-contentious). Sofia's experience includes:
- Advising one of the leading construction contracting companies in Qatar in relation to the forward funding of a large residential development including the onward sales to purchasers.
- Closing a primary care project for the construction and ongoing maintenance of a new £40m Primary and Community Care Centre in Lisburn.
- Experience acting for LIFT companies in relation to their Facilities Management contracts. Sofia has reviewed several portfolios and analysed the potential impacts of factors including insolvency and termination.
- Acting for STEP Springfield Village Limited (a joint venture between Kajima Partnerships Limited and Sir Robert McAlpine Capital Ventures Limited) in relation to the £800 million Trust Estate Modernisation project including the construction of two new health facilities and the wider redevelopment of the site for housing and commercial uses in South West London.
- Advising the Funder and Project Companies in relation to a £120 million project for the funding and construction of two of the country's largest greenhouses, warmed by waste heat from water treatment facilities.
- Sofia has drafted several variations of project agreements and their associated flow-down contracts to the Facilities Management providers. Sofia has experience in negotiating Facilities Management contracts of varying values, and also in negotiating interface agreements with other sub-contractors in a project.
- Sofia has contributed to client training sessions explaining the key terms of their Facilities Management contracts and the consequences of failure by the Facilities Management Provider to comply with its obligations.
- Year Qualified
- Italian - Fluent
- First Class Honours - Business Law at BPP University (Two years accelerated), 2013-2015