Rowan is an Associate in Addleshaw Goddard's Employment team. He has a broad range of employment law experience, regularly advising on terminations, settlement agreements, restrictive covenants, discrimination, TUPE and corporate transactions. Rowan has acted for clients across a variety of sectors, including transport, oil and gas, retail and hospitality. Rowan has a keen interest in contentious employment work and has successfully represented clients in both the Employment Tribunal and the Employment Appeal Tribunal.
In addition to his employment law experience, Rowan is also a member of Addleshaw Goddard's Immigration team. He assists with business immigration matters, concerning the likes of "right to work" checks, sponsorship licences and applications for visas under the Tier 1 and Tier 2 categories.
Recent experience includes:
- Defending one of the UK's biggest supermarket retailers in a number of Employment Tribunal claims
- Representing a leading equipment hire company in a complex discrimination and deduction from wages claim
- Defending a "household name" high street retailer in relation to an unfair dismissal claim
- Regularly supporting employment aspects of high value corporate transactions, including diligence, drafting, negotiation
- Providing TUPE advice and assistance concerning the purchase of a number of hotels across the UK
- Advising a major investment company in relation to the exit of a senior executive, including conducting protected conversations and drafting settlement agreement terms
- Assisting a top-flight football team with immigration matters
- Providing advice to a transport/logistics company on the enforcement of post-termination employment restrictions.