Leona is one of our most senior and experienced real estate lawyers with over 20 years' experience in the real estate industry. She is also Head of our London office but remains fully transactional working on some of the most significant investment and development deals in the UK. She has considerable experience across key sectors (offices, logistics, student accommodation and mixed used regeneration schemes). She works with clients such as Columbia Threadneedle, BMO Real Estate, H B Reavis and Battersea Power Station.
Leona also leads our cross-border real estate team working with sovereign wealth funds and family office investors from across Asia and the Gulf when investing in the UK and Europe. The team has grown significantly and now counts a number of the largest transactions and biggest investors into the UK.
Leona is also one of our team who has a focus on Sharia compliant acquisitions and financing.
Leona's recent experience includes:
- Acting on the disposal of Battersea Power Station to a Malaysian consortium on behalf of Battersea.
- Acting on the acquisition of the development site at Elizabeth House Waterloo for H B Reavis.
- Acting for the People's Republic of China on the acquisition of the new Chinese Embassy at Royal Mint Court.
- Acting for KAMCO on its UK acquisitions of a logistics portfolio including Sharia compliant financing.
- Acting for a Hong Kong Family Office on the acquisition of 20 Farringdon Street.
- Acting for a Listed Singapore company acquiring a £300m student accommodation portfolio.
- Professional memberships
- British Property Federation
She has a very proactive approach in helping us to get deals done and finding a solution to any problems which come up. Most importantly she understands how we work and that we want a quick, accurate response.
Client Testimonial Chambers
Our Malaysia Business Group has supported businesses working in Malaysia in a variety of sectors over many years, as well as Malaysian businesses working in the UK.