Ahmad is an experienced corporate partner and a thought leader in the legal industry of Qatar. He heads the team of Arabic and English lawyers in Doha and has more than 20 years' experience in the GCC and wider Middle East region.
Ahmad advises region's leading enterprises and government / semi-government entities on multifaceted corporate transactions. His expertise covers complex M&A, debt and equity capital markets, joint ventures, private placements, project financing and corporate restructuring. Ahmad also specialises on general corporate governance, policy, regulatory and compliance matters.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Ahmad held managing positions in renowned top-tier US law firms in Qatar.
- Advising on QAR 1.425 billion IPO of Baladna QPSC
- Advising on the first public merger in Qatar between Qatar Shipping and Qatar Navigation
- Advising the State of Qatar USD 4 Billion Sukuk
- Representing Qatar Petroleum on the restructuring, US$900 million IPO, and listing of Messaieed Petrochemical Holding Company on the Qatar Stock Exchange - the exchange's first listing in more than six years
- Advising Ooredoo Q.S.C. in connection with the establishment of its US$2 billion airtime sukuk programme and the issuance of US$1.25 billion trust certificates thereunder
- Advising Damen Shipyards, a multinational ship maker, in its joint venture with Nakilat QSC
- Drafting of Qatar's new commercial companies law
- Advising New York Stock Exchange / Euronext on their acquisition of an interest in Qatar Exchange
- Advising a Qatari bank on a US$1.5 billion Sukuk issue
- Advising on US$1.5 billion Murabaha Facility for a large real estate developer
- Advising HSBC / Amanah in drafting a range of documentation for Shari'ah-compliant product offerings in Qatar
- Advising New York Stock Exchange / Euronext by conducting a full review of the regulatory framework for the capital markets regime in Qatar and providing recommendations on enhancements
- Managing private placement of the entire shareholding in Doha Marine Services
- Developing a full scheme documentation for a mega property development project in Qatar
- Advising a large Qatari investment bank on a private placement of US$238 million in its shares
- Advising Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank in connection with the financial regulatory aspects related to its US$1 billion offering (Reg. S) of 6.375% Additional Tier 1 Capital Certificates listed on the London Stock Exchange, the Middle East's first Additional Tier 1 perpetual instrument compliant with Islamic finance principles
- Advising a large financial institution on the financing of a hypermarket for additional expansion of its network in Qatar
From our office in Doha we combine a deep understanding of Qatar with specialist expertise across a range of practice areas to deliver high value, complex assignments across the Gulf.