Our expectations for recruitment agencies and consultants
The Resourcing team at Addleshaw Goddard is fully committed to sourcing and securing the best people for our business.
We do that by finding and engaging candidates directly where we can. However, we also understand the need to work with recruitment agencies when it comes to urgent positions and those tricky to source roles.
This means that we have engaged with a number of agencies who form our PSL or agreed provider list. These agencies understand what we are trying to achieve strategically as a business. We are pleased you would like to work with us, but if you are not on this list and you send us a speculative CV without our express permission we cannot accept your introduction.
We work closely with our hiring teams and this means that you shouldn't go directly to our Partners and Managers with a CV just to avoid the process. Any introductions made outside of our resourcing team will not be deemed as a valid introduction and we will not be bound by your terms and conditions – so this can mean no fee.
All we ask you to do is, if you do think you have found us the perfect candidate, get in touch with our resourcing team who will be pleased to discuss this with you. If we agree too that you have found us the perfect candidate, we will agree terms and next steps with at that point.
Our recruitment process
- Information supplied about candidates should be accurate, relevant, up to date and qualitative. Details of age, gender, marital status, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation is not considered relevant to the recruitment process and should be provided separately to CVs - and only for monitoring purposes. Information on disability should only be provided for monitoring purposes and in order to support our ability to treat candidates fairly and with respect.
- All candidates referred to us by agencies will have been interviewed in-depth and in person (where a face-to-face meeting is not possible, a telephone interview should be conducted – and this identified to us).
- Communication regarding candidates' expectations and progress through the selection process will be open, honest and timely.
- Consultants will strive to understand our business, culture and values, representing us appropriately and positively at all times.
- Consultancies working on our behalf will have internal processes that reflect best practice, be non-discriminatory and represent AG’s equality ethos and will provide us with their own diversity statistics and policies on request.
- Addleshaw Goddard (AG) welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and believes in equality of opportunity for all. For more information on our diversity and inclusivity policy and award-winning programme, please click here.
- Applicants will be assessed solely on their ability to perform against the set skills and competencies required for each role.
- Selection and assessment tools will be relevant and appropriate to the role.
- Applicants will be treated with professionalism, courtesy and respect.
- Applicants will be kept up to date on the progress of their application and we will endeavour to respond within two weeks of the conclusion of each stage in our process.
- Information provided by applicants will be treated with confidence and sensitivity.
- Feedback will be offered to all applicants interviewed.
- We will maintain a proactive dialogue with our preferred recruitment suppliers, ensuring that they have sufficient information to identify the most suitable candidates and promote our roles effectively to them.
- We will consider flexible working patterns where it is possible to do so in terms of business and resource needs.