2018 scheme details
Addleshaw Goddard is a UK business law firm with an international reach, with around 1,600 partners and employees. The firm is organised around the key service lines of litigation, real estate, commercial, corporate and finance. We are happy to announce that AG has once again been named in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2018 for the 11th time since its launch in 2006.
What is on offer?
In collaboration with Barclays Legal team, we have pioneered a new approach to supporting the work of The Law Society’s Women Lawyers Division (WLD), currently offering up to 6 work placements, open to those who have experience in areas of law in which we specialise, have previous experience working in private sector and are looking to re-enter the legal profession after an extended career break.
Our Returner Programme has enjoyed a consistent level of success. In December 2017, AG won the 'Managing Diverse Talent' award at the annual UK Diversity Legal Awards 2017 which promote diversity, equality and inclusion across the legal profession. This fantastic recognition was testament to our commitment to supporting female career progression, in particular, the Returner Programme.
Furthermore, we have been able to offer some of the participants' ongoing employment in various functions at Addleshaw Goddard including our consultancy provision, AG Integrate, which offers talented legal experts the opportunity to combine flexibility and control over the way they work.
If you would like additional information about AG Integrate please contact Laura Carter.
Participants of our Returner Programme have cited a number of benefits:
- "[It] had a very significant impact in that it allowed me to realise that returning to work was not a mountain to climb, but a small bump in a long road."
- "I now know that I want to return to carve out a fee-earning career. The Returner Programme helped clarify this for me."
- "The placement allowed me to appreciate the confidence which has come from the life-experience skills I have been acquiring during my career break and to attach value to them."
- "I would never have thought that just 2 weeks with Addleshaw Goddard could make such an enormous impact on my self-confidence and motivation to return to law!"
We will be re-running the programme again from 11 to 22 June 2018, offering placements of two weeks (full-time) or three weeks (if part-time). They will be unpaid placements and applicants may apply to any of our offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, London or Manchester. We will place the successful candidates into suitable teams and provide them with ongoing support during and after their time with us, including an allocated "buddy" at a similar or more senior level.
Please note this programme enables participants to get actively involved rather than simply observe lawyers at work. Successful applicants will be financially reimbursed, if required, to renew their Practicing Certificate.
This is a great opportunity to:
- re-enter the corporate world and undertake meaningful work;
- build your network;
- benefit from technical and soft skills development;
- develop your confidence in a supportive environment;
- update your CV with some current work experience;
- learn more about the option of an 'in-house' legal career by spending time with Barclays.
How to apply
Applications will now be accepted for our June placements. If you are interested in applying, please send a detailed CV and email in support of your application to Rosie Lindley.
We are only able to consider those who have experience in areas of law in which we specialise and have previous experience working in private practice (see our website for further information).